Friday, November 14, 2008

A Time to Laugh: You Always Hertz the One You Love

"There is a time to weep and a time to laugh." Ecclesiastes 3:4 NAS

Solo parenting heaped stress and mourning upon my soul. Seeing the absurd humor in the ridiculousness of life relieves my stress. Trust me, laughter is the best medicine. Seriously! Big Larry overheard this in New York City on the Grand Concourse at 158 Street. Enjoy!


Thug on cell: Yo, hearse rent a car? Yo man, I need to rent a hearse. Yeah, I'll hold. (pause) Y'all don't rent no hearses? Why y'all call yoselfs hearse rent a car? (pause) Word? Well, I need to move a body, maybe you got a van or something? (pause) I don't care, I just need to move his dead a--. (pause) Cargo van? Whatever. Yeah.

Thug's friend: Ask if they got am'blances.

1 comment:

Tea with Tiffany said...

You are the best! Appreciate your humor. I'm all for laughter. It's a daily drug without side effects. And it's natural, God-given and free!