In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.—Psalm 4:8 NASB
Sometimes all I want is peace—no stress, no overwhelming demands, no fear of tomorrow. Why does serenity seem so illusive for the single parent?
What Are the Symptoms of Inner Peace?
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experience
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy the moment
- A loss of interest in judging other people
- A loss of interest in judging self
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
- An inability to worry (this is a very serious symptom!)
- Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation
- Frequent acts of smiling
- An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than to make them happen
- An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
- Start the day without caffeine?
- Get going without pep pills?
- Always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains?
- Resist complaining and boring people with your troubles?
- Eat the same food every day and be grateful for it?
- Understand when your loved ones or friends are too busy to give you any time?
- Take criticism and blame without resentment?
- Resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend?
- Can conquer tension without medical help?
- Relax without liquor?
- Sleep without the aid of drugs?
Then you are probably the family dog!
Thought I was going to get all spiritual, didn't you?