Monday, March 30, 2009

Perspective: If I Only Had More Money…I Could…

"Many people make the mistake of thinking that all the challenges in their lives would dissipate if they just had enough money. Nothing could be further from the truth. Earning more money, in and of itself, rarely frees people. It's equally ridiculous to tell yourself that greater financial freedom and mastery of your finances would not offer your greater opportunities to expand, share, and create value for yourself and others."—Anthony Robbins



How often have I thought, "If I only had more money I could…?"



  • Afford tutoring for my children
  • Pay for music, gymnastic or art lessons
  • Take my children on a vacation
  • Purchase a great computer for my sons
  • Buy school clothes and supplies
  • Splurge on something I really desire

I tend to think of my lack of money in terms of what money can buy. Too often I focus on what I want, failing to appreciate what I have.

Wonderful sons. Supportive mother. Good health. Great friends. A roof over my head. A car. A job.

It's true that having enough money to pay living expenses relieves stress. It even makes me feel more secure. When you need hope to keep on keepin' on, here's something to keep in your wallet.

A Wish for You…May You Have

Enough happiness to keep you sweet;

Enough trials to keep you strong;

Enough sorrow to keep you human;

Enough hope to keep you happy;

Enough failure to keep you humble;

Enough success to keep you eager;

Enough friends to give you comfort;

Enough wealth to meet your needs;

Enough faith in yourself to inspire you to do your best, and

Enough determination to make each day better than yesterday.

When financial lack gets you down, what blessings can you count?

No comments: